Charter for Clients
All psychologists in Australia are legally required to be registered with AHPRA and the Psychology Board of Australia. Your psychologist is also registered with the Australian Clinical Psychologist Association. This ensures you will receive an ethical and high quality of care when you engage in our service.
You have the right to expect that:
- You will be treated with respect at all times.
- Your cultural background and language tradition will be respected.
- You will be given a clear explanation of the services you will receive.
- You will be asked to give your consent for any service provided by your Psychologist prior to the service commencing and as it progresses.
- You will receive an explanation about the confidentiality of the service and the exceptional situations where your confidentiality may not be protected.
- You will receive a clear statement about fees for your Psychologist’s services.
- There will be a discussion about the estimated number of sessions required to achieve your goals.
- You will receive skilled and professional services from your Psychologist.
- There will be clear goals that you and your psychologist are working towards.
- You can ask any questions about the service you are receiving.
If you have any concerns about the above matters, please discuss them with your Psychologist. If you have concerns about the conduct of your Psychologist, you may either call the Psychology Board of Australia on 1300 419 495 or the Australian Psychological Society on (03) 8662 3300.