About this Policy
Rainbow Hub Psychology, ABN 37467905623 (Rainbow Hub Psychology, “us”, “we”, or “our) is committed to protecting your privacy and as to how your personal information is collected and used. We collect personal information for the purpose of providing psychological services.
In Australia the Privacy Act 1988 (PA), regulates the handling of an individual’s personal information. The private sector provisions of the Privacy Act apply to all health service providers who hold any health information.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information and you are free to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym, a name that is different to your own. However, please be aware that if you do not wish to have your personal information collected Rainbow Hub Psychology may not be able to provide you with psychological services.
Notification of Collection of Personal Information
At Rainbow Hub Psychology we are committed to providing a secure psychological service. This includes the protection of personal information that is physical, technological and from our website.
Rainbow Hub Psychology collects personal information that is considered reasonably necessary in order to provide a psychological service to its clients. Rainbow Hub Psychology may collect personal and sensitive information through our website, use of forms, in our discussions with you, and from any information you provide to us.
As a necessary part of our service we need to collect and record personal and sensitive information pertaining to you and your situation. This information includes:
- Your name, date of birth
- Your contact information – Email, telephone numbers and address
- Medication details
- Financial information for payment and billing (credit card number, expiration date)
- Your medical history
- Your mental health history
- Information reasonably necessary to provide our services to you
- Your progress in psychological counselling
- Identifiers (e.g. Medicare Number)
“Personal Information” means any information that may identify you, or by which your identity might be reasonably determined. The information you provide us may include, amongst other things, your name, address, email address, and phone number.
“Sensitive Information” means any information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, memberships of a political organisation, religious belief or affiliation, philosophical belief, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preference or practices, criminal record or health information.
Use or Disclosure of Personal Information
All personal and sensitive information obtained by Rainbow Hub Psychology will remain strictly confidential except under the following circumstances:
- A Legal court subpoena for disclosure
- Legally required mandated reporting
- Risk issues to self and others
- or in circumstances where it is required for the delivery of health services, such as referral to another health service provider, billing and liaising with government offices regarding Medicare entitlements and payments,
- Your approval to disclose information has been obtained to:
- Share health information or provide a report to another medical service provider or specialist medical practitioner
- Discuss the material with another person (Family member, health provider, employer ) or
- Disclose the information in another way
- You would reasonably expect your personal information to be disclosed to another professional or agency (e.g. your GP) and disclosure of your personal information to that third party is for a purpose which is directly related to the primary purpose for which your personal information was collected; or
- Disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by law.
- Rainbow Hub Psychology may disclose the personal information collected to:
- The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner; or
- Regulatory/law enforcement bodies or an Australian court, for the purpose of aiding investigations, or defending claims made against Rainbow Hub Psychology
All psychologists as a part of their professional registration to practice require regular clinical supervision with an experienced psychologist or group of peer clinical psychologists. In this professional context information about you may be shared, however, information relating to your personal identity remains confidential and undisclosed.
Administrative staff of the service will have only limited access to relevant personal information pertaining to you to provide reception duties, appointment bookings and essential administrative services.
Access and Accuracy
At any time you are able to access/correct/update any personal information we hold about you. We encourage you to contact us for any of these matters.
To access your personal information please contact us. We ask that you allow for a reasonable time for your request to be processed (14 days). We reserve the right to charge an administration fee to cover the costs of responding to your request. The cost for Personal Information is $160 (incl. GST).
A request for Personal Information may be denied under the following circumstances, and reasons provided to you in writing:
- If required by law
- If the information relates to an existing or anticipated legal proceeding
Storage and Security of Personal Information
All reasonable steps are taken to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, interference, unauthorised modification or disclosure. This includes physical, technical and administrative protection of your personal information.
- Our client records management system is encrypted by 256 bit SSL technology and password protected.
- Personal information may be stored electronically in a securely protected off-site third-party datacentre.
- Personal information may be physically stored in a secure and protected filing system on-site.
- Any personal Information processed though our website is SSL protected.
- If we are no longer required to hold your personal information all reasonable steps are made to destroy it or to de-identify it permanently.
Your privacy protection is important to us. Even though we take all reasonable commercial steps to ensure the protection of your personal information, no data security system offers a guarantee of 100% security at all times.
Please be aware that when using the internet we cannot guarantee the security of your transmitted information to us. Consequently, all information transmission is done at your own risk.
Rainbow Hub Psychology does not directly disclose personal information to overseas parties. However, please be aware that the possibility of indirect disclosure may occur in the form of cloud storage and transmission when using cloud services. The location of these services is not something we can reasonably provide as they are unavailable.
Password security and account information on our platform, apps or services is your sole responsibility.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content & practices of these sites, & cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy & personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data & personal information, feel free to contact us.
Online payment processing and card security
- We process payment for sessions by debit card and credit card through Power Diary our secure client records management system, and Stripe the payment processing system. Your payment details are protected by bank-grade security and encryption with an infrastructure that exceeds the standards defined by the HIPAA security Rule.
- The sharing of data between the Power Diary, Stripe, browser and server is protected and encrypted using 256 bit SSL technology. This prevents the reading and interception of your personal information during transit.
- Upon booking your first appointment our administration team or website will ask for your credit card details. These details are securely stored and protected by Power Diary. This allows you to leave the management of your payments to us.
Data Breach Notification Scheme
At any time should we become aware of a possible data breach to our systems the Notifiable Data Breaches (NDB) scheme. we are required under the Privacy Act 1988 to notify you (and any other affected individuals) and the OAIC when a data breach is likely to result in serious harm to an individual whose personal information is involved.
Identifiers are assigned numbers from a government agency unique to you. These include Medicare Numbers and Tax File numbers. At no time will Rainbow Hub Psychology disclose an identifier pertaining to you, or use it as our own unless permitted to do so under the legislated Privacy Act (1988).
Website Analytics, Cookies and Beacons
Complaints and Enquiries
Rainbow Hub Psychology
4 Marsden Road, ERMINGTON NSW 2115
Phone: 02 9874 2100
Email Rainbow Hub Psychology
If you are not satisfied with our response you are entitled to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, by phoning 1300 363 992 or writing to the Director of Complaints, Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 1042.
This policy is effective as of 25/06/2022
www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2022C00135 PA 1988 (PA) 1988